Sunday, November 14, 2004

Passed General Class Test!

On Saturday, November 13 I drove to Shelton and in the Mason County Emergency Services building on the Sanderson Field (airport) grounds, I took and passed the General Class license written test. The test was administered by VEC's from the Mason County Amateur Radio Club. Afterwards I took the Amateur Extra class test, and of course did NOT pass that. But I would have been highly surprised if I had passed it, since I didn't study for it. If I had passed it would have been solely because of pure guesses, which is not a way I would prefer to gain my final Ham license! I'm hoping to take the test again on December 1, just before the OARS meeting, and pass it then. There's a lot of material to study before then!

Comm Log

On the way to Shelton I spoke with a Ham whose callsign I don't remember, but he was a member of the MCARC. He confirmed to me that I was on the right road to get to the testing site. We spoke on the MCARC 2m repeater on 146.720 MHz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home